Here are Microsoft Office hacks you absolutely need to know. Get the most out of the new Microsoft Office with these tricks.
Top Benefits of Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 integrates all of Microsoft’s existing online applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) into a cloud service.
Top Benefits of Microsoft 365
Image credits: Office
Microsoft 365 is a suite of cloud-based productivity and collaboration applications that integrates all of Microsoft's existing online applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Sway, and Access) into a cloud service.
In April 2020, Microsoft rebranded the Office 365 subscription plans oriented toward the consumer and small business markets as Microsoft 365. In doing so, Microsoft hoped to emphasize the inclusion of products and services beyond the core Microsoft Office software family to include the latest cloud-based productivity tools and artificial intelligence features.
There are a few key benefits that make Microsoft 365 one of the top cloud services used by businesses and individuals everywhere:
- Microsoft Teams, as one of the most critical components of Microsoft 365, has revolutionized communication with its shift away from email towards instant messaging and virtual meetings. One of the perks is that Teams is fully integrated with all Office 365 apps and integrates with many third-party apps, placing it at an advantage over competitors like Zoom.
- All Microsoft 365 licenses include OneDrive, a leading cloud storage solution. OneDrive lets you store all your files, photos, documents, and presentations in one place on the Cloud, making it easy to access them from anywhere.
- With Microsoft 365, Windows 10 and Office 365 applications are kept up to date to ensure you have the latest version (with access to any new feature releases). More importantly, the apps are continually updated with the latest security updates to keep your information and system secure.
- Microsoft Cloud App Security detects abnormal usage and incidents, alerting you to threats to your cloud apps.
- Microsoft 365 for Business allows users to manage both Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S, formerly known as Enterprise Mobility Suite) users' settings and preferences from a single pane, a central management portal. This portal can be accessed from anywhere on any device, making management simple.
- More companies are adopting a policy where employees are utilizing their personal devices to access company information. Microsoft EM+S enables companies to manage company data stored on personal devices so that if there is an employee or organization change, the data can be removed without personal data being affected.
- You've got options. Microsoft Business Standard and Business Premium license subscriptions include all of the familiar Office 365 apps, while the Business Basic only provides web and mobile versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Enterprise licenses are available as E3, and E5 plans with add-ons such as Microsoft 365 E5 Security and Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance.