March 29, 2021
Microsoft is welcoming us into 2021 with a series of new features designed to give you more out of your work and collaboration experience. From meeting notifications to live event real-time language translation and new security enhancements, Microsoft Teams is trying to check all the improvement boxes. If you’ve already tried the new Microsoft Teams Breakout Rooms experience for virtual meetings and you’d like to know what else is new, read on.
- Take your team from their rooms to a world of 8-bit pixels, a winter wonderland, or under the sea. To change the scene once you’re in Together mode, select Change scene in the bottom left corner of your meeting.
- Create and track work for your entire organization with the new task publishing feature in the Tasks app.
- Use the Approvals app in Teams to streamline requests and processes with teammates and partners.
- Schedule meetings as a team with the new shared channel calendar. Now you can view all channel events in one location and add them to your personal calendar.
- Enjoy the benefit of more languages to the Live event captions and translations. New languages include Hindi, French and Korean, to name a few. You’ll get captions for the spoken language or translated subtitles in your native language.
- When you reach the last five minutes of your scheduled meeting, a banner will pop up at the top of your meeting to remind everyone that it’s almost time to wrap things up.
- You can set a duration for your status in Teams. All you need to do is select your profile picture at the top of the app, select your status (Available, Do not Disturb, etc.) that shows under your name, then select Duration. From there, choose your status and how long you want it to display.
- You can now get rid of background noise. Go to your profile picture at the top of the Teams, go to Settings > Devices > Noise suppression. In the menu, select High for an even stronger suppression of background sounds.
In addition, Microsoft Teams has new features specifically targeted to a few key industry groups. Users in Teams for Education, Healthcare and Firstline Workers can benefit from a new EHR connector to support virtual patient visits, new customizable “Praise Badges” and a notification system to alert students when a new Class notebook page is distributed online.
Microsoft Teams Government new features include advanced PowerPoint file sharing and administrator control of lifecycles on team devices, including IP phones, collaboration systems, Teams Meeting Room devices and displays.
If you want to learn more about how Microsoft Teams can help your business, don’t hesitate to contact us.